From Occult Gaming Wiki
|5th Edition Lists|
|Gear List||Magic List||Hacking Lists||Skill List||Qualities List||Packs List||Creature Lists|
Personal Integrated Tactical Network
The PI-Tac (a.k.a. P-Tac, or—to old timers—Tac-Net) is the latest generation of personal tactical network. Used by both security and military forces, PI-Tac units are now available to civilians—once said civilian has passed a background check and been issued a permit. The Tac-Net concept is not new; team networking devices of one sort or another have been around for decades. However all previous ‘nets were add-ons that linked sensors and other components that weren’t necessarily compatible, resulting in a complex mash of patches subject to malfunctions. PI-Tacs are self-contained, plug-in units designed from the group up to integrate with a commlink, cyberdeck, or rigger command console to form a shared PAN/WAN.
PI-Tac enhances team coordination and effectiveness with streamlined simplicity and comes in three levels of sophistication. Strictly speaking, only the most basic level is legally available for civilian use. The benefits of using PITac are substantial, but gamemasters should remember that PI-Tac is wireless by nature, which makes it a target for hackers. All PI-Tac models include:
- Real-time GPS location software
- Universal image and audio link that can access any image sources from within the network, including all external sensors and personal augmentations
- Team Biomonitor
- Weapon status indicator (ammo count, operational condition, possible incursion)
- “Enhanced Situational Awareness” (bonus to all Perception Tests, based on level)
Note that the maximum number of team members (including drones) on a particular ’net at one time equals DR x 1.5.
PI-Tac Level I
The basic, civilian Level PI-Tac is popular with the extreme-sport set including combat re-enactors or amateur urban/combat brawl leagues and even big/game hunters. While the Level I comes with only the basic functions, it provides users with a +1 to all Perception Tests, including audio and visual.
MODEL DR AVAIL COST Renraku Taka 4 12R 115,000
PI-Tac Level II
The Level II is intended for use by security, law enforcement, and/or standard military forces. Unit cost makes use of the Level II for routine security and law enforcement impractical. Thus the Level IIs are usually assigned only to special tactical response units. In addition to the functions of Level I, the Level II includes:
- Host unit enhancement. One half the device rating can be used to enhance either the firewall or processing ratings of the host device.
- Trauma module. Worn on the chest under any armor, this flat plastic plate can be loaded with one dose any drug of the users’ choice and programed to automatically deliver the drug under user-set conditions.
- Enhanced situational awareness. Provides a +2 to all Perception Tests, including audio and visual, along with a +1 bonus to all Sneaking tests.
- Enhanced Team Leader Coordination. This allows a designated team leader to coordinate combat maneuvers as a simple rather than complex action and to transfer five initiative points to one select team member on the network.
- Combat Mode. + 1 to one of the following combat skills of the player’s choice: Close Combat, Automatics, Longarms, Pistols, Unarmed Combat. Player can switch to a different skill during combat as a simple action.
MODEL DR AVAIL COST Novatech Tactician 5 18R 325,000
PI-Tac Level III
Designed for use by the most elite military and corporate units, the unauthorized use of the Level III unit or unlicensed possession of such a unit is considered a felony by the Corporate Court and most national governments. In addition to all the features of Level I and Level II, Level III provides:
- Upgraded host unit enhancement. The full device rating can be used to enhance both the firewall and processing power of the host device.
- Enhanced Team Leader Coordination (upgraded). This allows a designated team leader to coordinate combat maneuvers as a Simple rather than Complex Action and to transfer ten points from their initiative score to one team member on the network or five points to two team members.
- Enhanced situational awareness. Provides a +3 to all Perception Tests, including audio and visual and +2 to Sneaking and Tracking Tests.
- Combat Mode. + 2 to one of the following combat skills of the player’s choice: Close Combat, Automatics, Longarms, Pistols, Unarmed Combat. Player can switch to a different skill during combat as a simple action.
- Remote and limited access to vehicles and drones linked into the network. This allows the team leader, or any other designated team member (consider them to have three marks on any vehicle while subscribed to the network) can remotely access and have limited control over a vehicle or drone by accessing their dogbrains. As long as the units are operational, simple commands such as “go to this location” or “attack this target” can be issued in the event a rigger is rendered unconscious or dead.
MODEL DR AVAIL COST ComPac-Esprit General 6 18F 855,000